Monday, January 30, 2012

Peaman's Super Bowl Shuffle

Peaman and the Roller Derby girls!
This post is going to be pretty brief, since I wasn't able to actually participate in the Peaman race yesterday, so there's not much of a real race report.  However, I did stop by for a bit and watched part of the swim and got a couple of pictures.  In preparation for next week's Super Bowl, the theme of the event was the Super Bowl Shuffle.  The Echo City Knockouts showed up in full uniform and one of them even dressed up as a football.

The event's distance was a 1/2 mile swim and a 3.1 mile run (or roll). The ocean didn't look too rough, but it's winter here (haha) so the occasional swells are coming in.  It got a little bit rougher when the start gun sounded and a 100 swimmers started churning. It even looks tough back in the peawee race!

It's a different perspective when you're not out swimming.  I got to watch some of the relay teams wait for their partners:

I also got to watch the run-only start, which actually had a lot more people than I expected! Of course about 10 of those people were on rollerblades. And I got to catch everyone coming out of the water and into transition. It looked like everyone was having a lot of fun.

At this point, I had to leave, so I missed the top finishers.  But full results are available here. When I left, I headed over to the pool to do a 1 hour timed swim for distance.  We did this last year, and I was just hoping to do better this year.  Well, I just got the results and I made it a whole whopping 10 yards further this year than last year! At least it's improvement, right?

Up next weekend is the Team Mango's Springtime Triathlon at 7 a.m. Sunday at the pier.  It's a 1/2 mile swim, 15 mile bike and 6 mile run - great preparation for people training for Lavaman Waikoloa!


No comments:

Post a Comment