Tuesday, September 15, 2009

... And We're Finally Open for Business.

The first couple of weeks of unemployment were nice. I was able to settle into my new home, decompress from the past six years at a high-powered law firm, watch a lot of Magnum, P.I., and do some fishing. But after two more weeks, I was starting to get a little antsy. It was just in the nick of time that we closed on our deal to purchase the Big Island Running Company.

Our first day of business was 9/9/09. (I leave any conclusions about the significance of that date to you, dear reader.) There's still a ton of work to be done; I've been busy setting up our website, getting a grasp on and replenishing inventory, and getting known and networked in Kailua-Kona. It's been long hours, but it's also been a whole lot of fun. Please come visit us soon. To entice you to visit, here are some pictures of the store.

The front of the store:

A couple of shots of the interior:


The obligatory view-from-the-front-door shot. I dare say that there's not a running store in the world that can beat this:

And one last shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment